Thank you for accessing Patriot Gold Group’s website operated by Patriot Gold Group. We respect your privacy and want to protect your personal information.
The Privacy Act of 1974, 5 U.S.C. § 552a, establishes a code of fair information practices that governs the collection, maintenance, use, and dissemination of information about individuals that is maintained in systems of records by federal agencies. A system of records is a group of records under the control of an agency from which information is retrieved by the name of the individual or by some identifier assigned to the individual.
Table of Contents
1. Information Collection and Use
2. Data Security
5. Monitoring/Recording of Telephone Calls
6. Offline Collection, Use & Disclosure of Information
7. Privacy Complaints
8. Your California Privacy Rights
9. Updates to this Policy
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- We collect information from you several different ways on this website. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- Help us create content that is most relevant to you; and
- Alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
- Registration and Ordering. Before subscribing to certain features, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, and email address. If you choose to purchase a product online, we will ask for your name, telephone number, billing address and credit card number and related information. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Sites, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you. We may also use your personal information to verify the delivery or credit card information or otherwise conduct due diligence to ensure proper processing of your order and to minimize the risk of fraudulent transactions. In conducting due diligence, we may acquire additional personal information from third-parties such as Accurint. We also may verify your personal information including addresses and telephone numbers using third-party providers.
- Forms and Applications. Several forms such as our Account Agreement may be completed and submitted online. These forms generally ask for personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Depending on the form or application, this information is used to set up an account, complete an order, contact you about your order, and provide email news alerts and other email marketing and for internal marketing purposes. You may also download forms from the website, which are then transmitted to Patriot Gold Group. These forms ask for personal information, which may include your name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, email address, Social Security Number, and date of birth.
- Email Addresses. Several locations of the website permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: registering for information or to access certain information, sign up for email news alerts and special offers, or to order a product online.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, this website server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the website. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.
- Patriot Gold Group does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online service collection.
- Our Company Commitment to Children’s Privacy. Protecting children’s privacy is especially important to us. It is our policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws. We therefore do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from persons who are under eighteen years of age. If you are under the age of eighteen, you are not permitted to access this website and/or to submit any personal information via this website. Due to the age restrictions for use of this website as stated herein, no information obtained by this website falls within the purview of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and information submitted to this site is not monitored for such purposes.
- Social Security Numbers. We collect Social Security numbers when it is required to perform a service such as purchasing certain precious metals from a customer, providing goods related to a self-directed IRA, or as required by applicable law.
- Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, this website employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the website, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your website usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on this website has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this website, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- Where cookie technology is unavailable we may use an anonymous identifier to speed your navigation of the website, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your website usage. An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters that is used for the same purposes as a cookie on platforms, including certain mobile devices where cookie technology is not available.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help tailor our website content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third-parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us. As an example, Facebook collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any customer’s personal information collected by us.
- Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. We use your personal information to process your order, provide requested information, and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve this website’s content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the website.
- Communications. We will use your personal information to communicate with you about this website and your orders as well as requests for information and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register or order with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance). You may submit your email address for reasons such as to sign up for email news alerts and special offers, or to request free information about acquiring precious metals. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section below for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
- External Use. We want to provide you with excellent service. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone other than to affiliates under our control. However, the following exceptions may apply:
- As do many retailers, we sometimes use third parties to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We work with third-parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, UPS®, and FedEx®) to ship products, ensure delivery, obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the third-party’s service. In the example of shippers, we provide them with some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number. We also disclose personally identifiable information to third-parties who perform marketing or marketing research on our behalf. We generally require entities with which we share your nonpublic personal information, including companies that process or service transactions for us, to agree to keep your information confidential. We also prohibit them from using or disclosing your information except for the limited purpose and to the persons for whom disclosure was intended, or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial services corporations such as credit card processors.
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third-parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number;
- Type of operating system;
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen);
- Flash version;
- Screen resolution;
- Network location and IP address;
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit;
- Pages visited;
- Time spent on each page of the website; and
- Referring site statistics
- The uniform resource identifier (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (e.g., clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (e.g., typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
- This data is primarily used to optimize our website for our visitors, but we may also use this data for marketing purposes. An example of how this data could be used for marketing purposes would be to tell potential advertisers how many visitors we get to the website, where our visitors come from, and how they arrive at our website.
- This data DOES NOT include any personalized identification information such as:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Social Security numbers
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card information
The security and confidentiality of your information is important to us. We have implemented certain technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to help protect customer information from unauthorized access and improper use. This is an ongoing process and, from time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that despite a company’s best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
This website incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for all financial transactions through the website. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online. We also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Personal information may be printed or otherwise stored in a non-electronic form. Employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are permitted access to your personal information. Finally, we may rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe their security procedures are satisfactory. For example, when you visit this website, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment as well as behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall. Patriot Gold Group does not guarantee complete security either online or offline.
- Google Search and other Google products like Google Maps and Gmail; and
- Sites across the web that are part of the Google Display Network.
Ads Setting lets you opt out of ads shown to you based on factors such as your interests, previous visits to other websites, and demographic details on your computer’s browser.
Ads on Google
- Go to Ads Settings at https://adsettings.google.com/authenticated
- Under “Ads on Google” click the “Opt-Out” link
- In the dialog that opens, click the Opt-Out button
Google Ads Across the Web
- Go to Ads Settings at https://adsettings.google.com/authenticated
- Under “Google Ads Across the Web” click the “Opt-Out” link
- In the dialog that opens, click the Opt-Out button
To opt out of all of Google’s interest-based ads on your browser, you’ll need to opt out twice: once for Google products (Ads on Google) and once for ads on the Display Network (Google ads across the web).
Upon your request, we will correct/update your personal contact information; however, certain contact information such as names and addresses cannot be deleted. Additionally, you can request to unsubscribe to emails by telephoning Patriot Gold Group at 800-974-GOLD, by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the “unsubscribe” link found within our marketing emails. Please do not email your credit card information or any other sensitive information.
To stop receiving communication from Patriot Gold Group and to remove you from all of our offline and online tracking methods, please complete the form below. Please note it may take up to fourteen days for all communication to stop, though we implement your request within 24 hours. You can also request to see what information, if any, we have on you.
Remove me from all communication, marketing and tracking.
MONITORING/RECORDING OF TELEPHONE CALLS
By visiting the website directly or through another site, you understand and agree that each and every telephone conversation between you and Patriot Gold Group – whether you place a call to Patriot Gold Group or whether any Patriot Gold Group representative calls you – is subject to monitoring and/or recording. You hereby agree and consent to have your calls with any Patriot Gold Group representative monitored and/or recorded without further notice or the requirement of additional consent or agreement from you. You also consent to monitoring and/or recording of your telephone conversations with any Patriot Gold Group representative by appropriate Patriot Gold Group personnel and authorized outside third-party monitors. You acknowledge that you do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy during any of your telephone conversations with any Patriot Gold Group representative. You further understand and agree, with respect to the potential monitoring and/or recording of all of your telephone calls, that you expressly waive the right to assert at any time that any conversations between you and any Patriot Gold Group representative are or were confidential or private.
Patriot Gold Group does not guarantee that any recordings of any particular telephone calls will be retained or be capable of being retrieved. Patriot Gold Group is not obligated to record or monitor telephone conversations with you but can, in its sole discretion, choose to do so and permit appropriate third-party monitors to do so on Patriot Gold Group’s behalf. Patriot Gold Group monitors and records telephone conversations with its customers for quality control and for Patriot Gold Group’s protection. At the same time, unless otherwise agreed by Patriot Gold Group’s management in writing, Patriot Gold Group does not consent to the recording of telephone conversations by you or by any other party on your behalf. This website is intended for individuals eighteen years of age and older.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE, & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
There are other ways we could learn of personal information offline (for example, when we receive wire instructions, checks or correspondence), however, this policy does not discuss or try to predict all of those methods or the use that will be made of such information. Patriot Gold Group will, as appropriate and practicable, treat offline collection, uses, and disclosures of customer personal information consistently with our relevant online practices. You should know that we use personal information collected offline in a similar manner to how we use personal information, which is collected online, as outlined above.
We take your privacy seriously and have created a process by which you can formally file a complaint. To submit a complaint, you can write a letter than includes:
- Your name;
- A summary of your complaint or a written description of the specific circumstances;
- A summary of other steps taken, if any to resolve this complaint; and
- A preferred method of contact about your complaint- a mailing address, telephone number, email address, or fax number/
Send us the letter by email to email@example.com or by regular mail to:
Patriot Gold Group
12121 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 208
Los Angeles, CA 90025
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), enacted in 2018, creates new consumer rights relating to the access to, deletion of, and sharing of personal information that is collected by businesses. CCPA provides the right to request the following information from a business:
- Categories and specific pieces of personal information collected in the preceding twelve months;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information was collected in the preceding twelve months;
- The business purpose for collecting or selling such information;
- Categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information; and
- Deletion of personal information about a consumer that the business has collected
You may obtain personal information any time, but Patriot Gold Group is not required to provide such information to a customer more than twice in a twelve-month period. Upon a verifiable request, Patriot Gold Group will provide the customer with their personal information within 45 days at no cost. This information will be provided electronically or by mail. Note that Patriot Gold Group is prohibited from discriminating against any customer for exercising their consumer’s rights.
You can exercise your rights as a data subject in California and the entire United States via our contact forms.
Upon receipt of a verifiable request to delete a customer’s personal information, Patriot Gold Group will delete the information and direct any service providers to delete the information from their records unless the business or service provider needs the information to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’s ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer;
- Detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- De-bug to identify and repair errors within existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his/her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-received scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest;
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information
To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Patriot Gold Group
12121 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 208
Los Angeles, CA 90025
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Last updated: January 2020.